[cvsnt] Re: Building from sources on Windows

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jun 11 14:29:54 BST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:13:59 -0700 (PDT), John Doe
<johndoe445566 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm considering moving a repository from cvs on Linux to cvsnt on Windows.
>Right now I build cvs from source code, and I want to be able to do the same
>for cvsnt.  That's what open source is all about, right?  So I grabbed the
>2.0.43 source tarball, but was unable to compile it with VS.NET 2003.  The
>Windows build instructions in the INSTALL file are almost non-existant.  Also,
>the "official" cvsnt binary comes as a Windows Installer package, and it isn't
>clear how I could build my own from the provided souces.

Unpack sources, open cvsnt.vcproj, compile.

If you want to compile sserver and/or gserver then you'll need a
couple of extra includes/libs (suitable copies are on the cvsnt main
page), otherwise remove those from the build dependencies and forget
about them.

There are some scripts I use in my installation in the tony's scripts
directory, but they're not essential to the build (unless you want to
mirror my build environment for some reason).