[cvsnt] Problems going back to the trunk

guastatore guastatore1870 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 09:01:30 BST 2004

Hi all,

I followed the good hint by Bo Berglund about to branch my actual
project in two version: OOP branch and normal development on my trunk.
Now I cannot understand how to come back to my trunk. Let's me explain
again.

I'm arrived at a point in my project where I have to do a big
refactoring but this project is actually used, so I don't want to have
loosing the operativity that my software now is offering.
Well, I splitted a successful branch and can work on it very well, and
I can apply it to repository without problem.
Now, my problem is that I cannot understand how to come back to actual
trunk. I tried to apply a tag to the trunk and I'm able to come back to
it but I have 2 problems
1. if I go on to develope the trunk when I'll come back to it from
branch I can to retrieve the old tag and not the actual tip of trunk.
2. I cannot apply the trunk to the repository because it's a sticky tag.

I used to split the branch using Update in the same directory rather
than checkout to a new dir.

Hope I explained well what is my problem.

Thanks
Antonio