[cvsnt] Re: Urgent! Taginfo Scripts

Pat Galea wlist at dudegalea.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 09:55:24 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
>>    @files = <STDIN>;
>>
>>    foreach $item (@files)
>>    {
>>      # Do stuff
>>    }
 >
> Of course every other $item is a file and every other is a revision.

That's not the result I get. (I'm running cvsnt 2.0.41a on Win2K.)

Each $item contains "<filename> <revision>". So it's quite easy to strip
out the revision, and then handle the filename separately.

> You also have to handle the embedded space escapes here. CVSNT accepts
> file names with embedded spaces in the names whereas UNIX does not.

Also, I call 'cvs log' with the filename, and I have to strip out the
backslashes first (otherwise 'cvs log' thinks the backslashes are
directory separators).

I just make sure I always test my scripts on filenames with embedded
spaces. Any problems show up *very* quickly (and obviously) then.

Regards
Pat Galea