[cvsnt] Using SSH with CVSNT

Steve Forsyth steveforsyth at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:20:08 BST 2004

Please excuse me for my ignorance in regards to SSH :)

We are using both IntelliJ and Eclipse wtihin our company and the only
built-in client protocols are pserver (not secure), SSH1 and ext (whatever
that is).

I wanted to use SSPI but I didn't see any plugins for this protocol for
either development environment and I would like to stick with the built in
CVS clients.

Anyway, my question is how to get ssh working... in my limited reading... it
sounds like I need to install openSSH on the server using cygwin since I"m
on Win 2000.  But, what I haven't seen explained is whether there is
anything else I need to do or do you just install openSSH and that takes
care of the connection to CVSNT?  And do I have to do anything on the
clients side?... it looks like the client side is taken care of by the built
in ssh1 emplementation wtihin IntelliJ.

Thanks for you help,
Steve