[cvsnt] Re: Can I create new repository through sspi protocol?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jun 16 11:07:00 BST 2004

You cannot create a *repository* via the Client/Server protocol!
If you think about it you realize why:
The connection string specifies a repository root for an existing
repository and all authentication is against this repository. So how
could the server accept a call into a repository to create a different one?

No, all of the repository management must be done on the server itself
preferably via the CVSNT Control panel.

But why do you want your users to create repositories?
It would be more straightforward for them to create the modules for their
projects instead. And this can be done remotely.

/Bo