[cvsnt] repository initialisation

Chris Cameron Chris.Cameron at vmsl.co.nz
Thu Jun 17 23:22:17 BST 2004

Hi,

I've previously used cvs on a Unix system, with no problems at all.  However
we're now looking at migrating from PVCS to cvsnt.  To assist with the
evaluation, one of our engineers has installed cvsnt on his local machine.
We've initiated the repository etc. and cvsnt appears to be working
correctly.  HOWEVER, if we check out CVSROOT and make modifications to (for
example) the modules file, the copy of the modules file in CVSROOT doesn't
get updated on commit.  The modules,v file contains our modifications, but
the only way to reflect them into CVSROOT is to do another cvs init.

I confess that my cvs experience is unix based, so can anyone please suggest
a possible reason for this.

Chris Cameron
Product Delivery Manager
Vending Management Services Ltd