[cvsnt] Crash of 2.0.41a

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 17 23:40:13 BST 2004

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso wrote:
> It's not a new bug (considering it's a Windows or CVSNT bug).
> It was happening in a Windows 2000 Server SP3 with CVSNT 2.0.8
> installed. I've just upgraded to 2.0.41a yesterday, and I
> uselessly wished it was a solved bug, which it doesn't seem
> to be.
>
> Seemly I wish this will never happen again (although I know it's
> a meaningless hope ;)

I've been unable to get 2.0.41a to crash with an overnight soak test of random
commits, commits of 10,000 file directories, etc. so I can only think it's
something external to cvs that's barfing for some reason that isn't on my
system.  The one at work has been under continuous use for 6 months since the
last upgrade without a single crash.

There's currently no hope of diagnosing this unless someone who's a coder can
reproduce it reliably under a debugger.  Finding the incompatible element
(driver, AV or whatever) would be really useful, even if it's not fixable from
within CVS.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917