[cvsnt] Re: Why "nothing known about" message?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 18 17:05:18 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have set up a new module for a program I need to write.
> This is not defined in any modules or modules2 file, insetad I have just
> added the folder and the files of this Delphi project to an existing module.
>
> But this project needs a rather complex set of dependent files from other modules
> in several repositories (that's why modules or modules2 will not work).
> So I have created a batch file to check out the dependent files into subfolders
> in the new module. So right now I have:
>
> MainModule
>  |- A
>  |- B
>  |- C
>  |- D
>  |- E
>  |- F
>
> Some of these dependent modules are checked out in extenso (all contained files).
> But in some of them I have only needed a few files so I arranged the batch file
> to check out only the wanted files.
> This works fine until I want to do an update from MainModule.
> At this time I get this response (with the real file/folder names):

How do the recognized modules relate to the unrecognized ones?  That is,
are the recognized ones all from the same repository?  If I had to guess
(which I do since I don't know the internals...), I'd say it's likely in
the update code that processes a module, rewrites the entries, and moves
on -- but doesn't handle multiple roots well.

What does MainModule/CVS/Root have in it?

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett