[cvsnt] Re: cvs pserver user problem

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jun 22 17:40:42 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:
> Hello,  I make a user named "cvsuser" and i want to alias it with my
> user on local NT 4 machine with the same name. So, when I issue the
> command:
>

>> cvs passwd -r cvsuser -a cvsuser

You don't need to alias a user to themselves -- The default CVSNT
settings will validate pserver users against the NT user database, so
this particular command you're running is redundant.

> it complains back with the following message:
>
>>> cvs [passwd aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost
>>> rejected access to /test.
>
> Note that my CVSROOT variable sets to  ":pserver:localhost:/test" and
> also note that my local user "cvsuser" is in Administrator group.
>
> I am really stuck in it, plz help.

In general, you can still do this if you want.  Change your local
CVSROOT to :sspi:localhost:/test to allow you access using your NT
credentials.  Typically I believe the first pserver entry in a
"pserver-only" setup without using the NT user database would be done
using the :local: protocol.

As an alternative, you can use :pserver:cvsuser at localhost:/test then
make sure you do a cvs login first.  E.g.:

	cvs -d :pserver:cvsuser at localhost:/test login

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett