[cvsnt] problem making a cvs user with pserver

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 22 17:56:08 BST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:40:15 +0500, "Raheel"
<softwarengineeer at gawab.com> wrote:

>I am making a user named "cvsuser" and i want to alias it with my user on
>local NT machine with the same name. So, when I issue the command:
>
>> cvs passwd -r cvsuser -a cvsuser
>
>it complains back with the following message:
>
>>> cvs [passwd aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
>access to /test.
>
>Note that my CVSROOT variable sets to  :pserver:localhost:/test
>
>Plz help

As alraedy stated:
You cannot use this CVSROOT at all! Valid roots are:
  :pserver:user at localhost:/test
or
  :sspi:localhost:/test
or
  :sspi:user at localhost:/test

The two variations that have user@ inside requires an initial cvs
login (once only for that workstation and user combination), but the
one without will never require a cvs login. It uses the login done to
the workstation.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)