[cvsnt] Re: adding modules to cvs repository

Raheel softwarengineeer at gawab.com
Wed Jun 23 13:19:41 BST 2004

Ok. But when i tried -n option with import, it reports back a syntax error in cvs import command. I checked the available options/switches for import and there was no option "-n" available.  I understand empty directory problem, thanks.  Any thoughts for -n option ???

"Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net> wrote in message news:cbbrji$sg8$3 at paris.nodomain.org...
Raheel wrote:

> 1. I create a new folder inside my working copy and named it "fums".
> I also create 3 folders nested inside fums and put a small text file
> in one of the nested folder.
>
> 2. Then, I entered the command: cvs import -m "new" fums v_tag r_tag

Just BTW: If you use the -n option you could skip the v_branch and r_tag
arguments, i.e.

cvs im -m"new" -n fums

> 3. To check the effects, I entered the command: cvs ls -R -l  fums\
>
> It shows the folder fums and only lists that nested folder that has
> the text file in it. Rest of the 2 folders were not there (i
> suppose). Why does it happen Or may be I did something wrong, do help
> me ?

Empty folders will not get imported. There has to be at least one file
in them, otherwise CVS will ignore them. Empty folders can only be added
to the repository individually using the Add command and even then noone
would be able to check them out unless you committed any files inside them.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org