[cvsnt] Is it possible to access a CVSNT repository on a Linux from Eclipse on W2k using the W2k LAN authentication mechanism?

Jonathan Jung jjung at amadeus.net
Wed Jun 23 15:06:00 BST 2004

Hello,

I  am new in the SCM (Software Configuration Management) world and I would
like to create a SCM using free tools.

Constraints:
- the repository will be on a Linux machine
- the repository will be accessed from the CVS client integrated in Eclipse
on W2k

Moreover I would prefer to use the W2k LAN authentication mechanism to
access the repository to avoid having to maintain new passwords...

1) I am wondering if it is possible to do that with CVSNT ?
2) Because of Eclipse I think I have to use pserver but, as I would prefer
not having to maintain a passwd file, I think there will be only
"anonymous:" in the passwd file. Correct ?
3) I think it is not possible to take advantage of Active Directory on
Linux without Samba  but I have read that there is some potential problems
using Samba with CVSNT. Correct ?

I would greatly appreciate to receive some advice.

Thank you in advance,
Jonathan