[cvsnt] Help on commitinfo file

Marlon van den Berg marlon.vandenberg at molding.fico.nl
Thu Jun 24 10:52:54 BST 2004

Pat Galea wrote:
> The filenames are passed on standard input, not as parameters.
>
>  From the commitinfo file:
>
> # The "commitinfo" file is used to control pre-commit checks.
> # The filter on the right is invoked with the repository name.  A list
> # of files to check is passed to the standard input of the script.
>

> I don't know if that's your only problem. You should be getting the
> module name as the first parameter.

I did see that to in the commitinfo file, but when I try the read stdin in
my python script, no data is received at all. But it might be that I'm doing
it wrong. The code I use is:
	stdin_argv = sys.stdin.read().split(' ')

Unfortunately, the 'stdin_argv' list is empty after this command. I would
expect this to work, but it's the first time for me to read something from
standard input, so...

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Marlon