[cvsnt] Re: repository name problem in CVSNT 2.0.45

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 12:28:32 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:

> I have specified "/test" in the name column and "E:/cvs-main/test" in the
> location/root column. It did initialize it too.

Ah, so this is a new repository. From our previous discussions I was
under the impression that you were moving an existing local repository
to a server... or are you? You should not have had to initialize it if
you were...

>>The CVSROOT path handling has changed a bit since then as you have
>
> What is the change in CVSROOT now? I think its just a matter of specifying
> cvsroot in this new version otherwise it is same. Correct me ..!!

The CVSROOT as such has not changed, nor has its format. It's just the
way it's handled at the server that has changed (i.e. full alias instead
of prefix masking). This seemed to cause some problems when upgrading
(Tony warned about that in the release announcement though) as the old
registry settings were not always (never?) translated correctly to the
new method. AFAICT, 2.0.45 still has problems there. As I mentioned, the
repositories keep vanishing from the control panel applet even though I
could access them fine (that's why I only noticed just now when I wanted
to verify my reply). Tony appears to be working on this (see yesterday's
thread "CVSNT control panel: Repositories disappear". It does not appear
to be fixed yet as I wrote earlier, though. I obviously confused that
with another issue.

 >  One more
> thing ... I didn't create the folder test in "E:/cvs-main", when I specify
> E:/cvs-main/test in location textbox, it asks me to create it, i said "yes"
> and it creates and initializes it successfully. Didn't figure out whats the
> problem now??

Hmmm, no idea. Sounds all okay really unless I've missed something. cvs
ls should at least have returned the obligatory CVSROOT module... Tony?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org