[cvsnt] Re: accessing repository root with CVSNT 2.0.41a

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 25 21:34:24 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:

> I have installed version 2.0.41a of cvsnt which is the most stable
> version as reported on their site. I create a repository with name
> /test2 on NT 4 box. When I logged-in, and issue command
>
> cvs ls -R
>
> it breaks with the error:
>
> cvs [server aborted]: Cannot access /test2/CVSROOT: No such file or
> directory
>
> Now what happened with it. I think I was so good when i was using an
> obsolete version of cvsnt, i.e. version 2.0.5. Plz Help me??

It's difficult to follow what you're describing here.  Is the repository
initialized?  Do the files exist?  Does the remote user have permissions
to access those files?  Is the CVSNT server running under SYSTEM?

Also, you can try using "cvsservice -test" to start the server with
debugging messages.

--
Glen Starrett