[cvsnt] Re: More Newbie Questions

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 26 22:31:54 BST 2004

Steve Forsyth wrote:
> I know that someone had mentioned earlier that the EXT protocol would be
> in a future build of cvsnt... and now this... can anyone verify whether
> the EXT protocol is in a current build and if so... which build? And
> forgive me if I worded this incorrectly, maybe I want to say the ext
> wrapper for the sspi protocal? :)
>
> I am using IntelliJ which supports either pserver, ssh1 or ext....
> pserver is insecure, I have heard from this list that ssh1 is very
> insecure as well, and therefore I'm left with ext... I would really love
> to use sspi if I can and this would allow me to do that.

It's in 2.0.46 - I haven't documented it yet but it's relatively easy to use.
Basically you fill in your server details in extnt.ini, then point your client
at the extnt.exe for use as its external protocol.

eg. for example for cvs.myserver.com add the following to extnt.ini

[cvs.myserver.com]
protocol=sspi
hostname=cvs.myserver.com
directory=/repository

Then in your client set a root

:ext:me at cvs.myserver.com:/repository

And tell the client to use extnt.exe as its external protocol handler (how to
do this varies between applications).

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917