[cvsnt] File date and timestamp

Flagg, David david.flagg at lmco.com
Mon Jun 28 15:31:09 BST 2004

I have a binary file that is in my repository, libtemp.a, which has the following timestamp in cvsroot (i.e., timestamp in the Unix filesystem): Jun 18 09:42.  Apparently, this is the time when I last tagged the file.

When I check out the file (with WinCVS, by the way), the date on the file is (as viewed by Win 2K): 5/3/2004 6:47 PM.  This is the date/time when I last committed the file.  This also agrees with the timestamp in the Entries file.

When I committed the file, the timestamp on the file was 12/24/2003 2:23 PM.  It is important that this be the timestamp that is associated with the binary file, as it is pulled in from another source.  When I check this file out, I want the timestamp to continue to be 12/24/2003 2:23 PM.

(1) Is there a way that I should have committed this file such that I can get the behavior I want?

(2) How can I correct the situation for this particular file?

Thanks!

David Flagg
Lockheed Martin Systems Integration - Owego
david.flagg at lmco.com
(607) 751-3051
102B/D1