[cvsnt] CRLF Problems moving from unix CVS repositories to cvsnt reposito ries

paul.tilley at aspentech.com paul.tilley at aspentech.com
Tue Jun 29 14:48:23 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm a newbie on the list so any pointers to where I may find the solution to
my problem would be appreciated.

Problem

Just moved an (I think) CVS 1.11 based repository from its dying HP unix
host to a Windows 2000 server using cvsnt 2.0.14a by just copying over
the whole shooting match. The files all seem to be there OK, and I can check
out modules no bother. However, when I try to compile any of the
projects (via GNUmake) GNUmake complains. Using files that were checked out
from the unix repository previously seem to be OK. I'm guessing that
the auto-magic CRLF/LF translation that must have been working previously is
not now functioning.

Previously : Client Wincvs 1.2 on a Windows machine. Server : CVS 1.11 (I
think) on HP unix machine
Now	      Client Wincvs 1.3/2.0.14a		         Server:  cvsnt
2.0.14a

Has anyone any idea what is happening here - apologies in advance if my
trawling through the net looking for existing cases of this problem has
failed to turn up anything.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.