[cvsnt] setting dates of checked out files (touch)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 3 04:22:23 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I vaguely recall some way to set the date/time on files to be the same as the corresponding update time on the CVS repsoitory - but I cant find any reference to it so I could be wrong.

Eg:
version 1.5 of blah.c was committed on 1/Mar/2004 11:30 GMT.
I check out blah.c today (version 1.5 is the head) and it gets the local date time of 3/Mar/2004 15:15 AEDT (3/Mar/2004 4:15 GMT).

Can I force CVS to give this file the date/time 1/Mar/2004 11:30 GMT instead (ie: when it was checked in).

I would assume this should be some option on "checkout" and also "update".

If there is (or is not) such function then I would really appreciate someone telling me!

If it is not a function I may even get motivated to have a go at adding it ;)

Regards,

Arthur Barrett