[cvsnt] Problem with cvsnt & clients

Shahriar Mokhtarzad shahriar_mokhtarzad at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 4 03:18:17 GMT 2004

Hi,

I run cvsnt on my workstation to provide cvs repository for my group.

1- I had installed cvsnt-2.0.11 & TortoiseCVS-1.4.5. every thing was running
smooth.
    on my workstation and other workstations.

2- I upgraded to cvsnt-2.0.26 & TortoiseCVS-1.6.3. On my work station every
thing looks fine.
   I did not test this installation from any other workstations.

3- The I installed viewcvs (ViewCvs ver 1.0r5f installer). This required me
to install
   IIS.

4- After installing IIS & viewCVS. every thing works great on my
workstation. So, I
   upgraded the other workstations to TortoiseCVS-1.6.3. After the upgrade I
tested
   the TortoiseCVS. Nothing worked.
	It all looks normal. So, I setup the references as before and tried to
checkout
	one of the modules. I configured the checkout dialog box as before and when
	did "Fetch List" the dialog box for it popped up and was blank for a long
time
	T tried to "kill" it but nothing would happen. every time I did "Fetch
List"
	its popup started and went blank. So, I ended up with several of these
popup
	on the desktop and could not get rid of them. The only way was to reboot
the machine.

I suspect it has to do with installing IIS. But have not found any thing on
this on the web.
any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-shahriar