[cvsnt] Re: cvs edit (-z) question

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 3 10:49:49 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:00:28 -0500, "Martin Cole"
<martin at martinjcole.com> wrote:

>I downloaded the binaries for cvsnt 2.0.33 and put them in my tortoise cvs folder, and this corrected the unedit problem.
>
>I do still have a "feature" that I think is a bug. If I "edit" a module, and then "unedit", then binary files showup as modified, whereas text files do not. I can only imagine that it has something to do with the datestamp on the file?

It may be that Tortoise is only using -z for binary files... It's true
that unedit of a compressed file modifies the timestamp (both text and
binary).  A cvs status/update will reset it of course...  It's easy to
fix & i'll do that for the next version.