[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Mar 3 14:26:44 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> * Fix import (again!).
 > * Add -f to force tag overwrite  (equiv. to tag -f).

Well, I should probably just be happy that I could do update imports
again but.... :(

1. using a different vendor branch is still possible and still messes up
the tagging (i.e. one branch with multiple names) - there isn't even a
warning

2. using an already existing release tag only produces a warning -
wouldn't it be better to forbid this altogether unless the -f option was
given? - after all this is usually a clear sign of a user-mistake...

3. it even let's me switch vendor branch and release tag again

Thus, objectively speaking, the only change between 2.0.19 and 2.0.33 is
the warning when using an existing tag...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org