[cvsnt] Re: Bug trackers

Ori Berger cvsnt-newsgroups at orib.net
Fri Mar 5 23:38:10 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> I reckon there's a fair share of developers on here :)
>
> Can anyone recommend a good bug tracker?  I might as well upgrade
> since I'm moving everything to the new server... there are things I
> don't like about bugzilla & it's worth looking at something new.
>
> I've had a look at RT but it isn't really setup to work with
> opensource projects (only admins can create new users, for example).
> Any good ones around?

Have a look at CVSTrac <http://www.cvstrac.org> - indeed only admins
can create new users, but you can set up permissions for an
anonymous user as well (e.g., open ticket). CVSTrac's own CVSTrac is
at <http://cvs.cvstrac.org>

It integrates nicely with CVS (I run it against CVSNT 2.0.x, for
x=11 if I'm not mistaken, on a RedHat 7.3), includes an internal
Wiki system that also works with checkins (e.g., if your checkin
says 'fixes bug #128', the check-in comment inside CVSTrac will
become a link to the relevant bug description).

It is simple, but very effective.