[cvsnt] Re: performance problem with cvsnt client

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Mar 6 20:44:53 GMT 2004

Ludwig.Oefele at humantec.de wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Last entry from me about this topic:
>
> I tried the same within my company with 100MBit Network Connection:
>
> New wincvs (with cvsnt): 10 secs until result
> Old wincvs : 2 secs until result
>
> 10 secs might be OK, but still my question: why is old wincvs (with its
> own cvs-tools) so much faster than new wincvs with cvsnt?

There's generally no appreciable speed difference (especially on the
client, which is 'dumb' and doesn't do much anyway).  Try it from the
command line.

I'm not sure about wincvs speed difference, but that should be
comparable unless you're doing something stupid like putting the sandbox
on a network drive.