[cvsnt] Server move and new bug reporting stuff

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Mar 7 22:02:54 GMT 2004

The server move is now (mostly) complete - the site should be more
responsive now and won't die as easily under heavy load.

I've put mantis in as the new bug system.  Bug reports are gatewayed to
the new cvsnt-bugs newsgroup (and mailing list).  I encourage people to
monitor that and jump in if it's something you can help with - bugzilla
had a tendency to become a succession of 'It's broke','No it isn't','Yes
it is',etc. conversations and external input is important to break that
kind of deadlock - there's been more than one case where I haven't been
able to reproduce the bug and ran out of ideas, which is unfair on the
reporter.

btw. Replies to cvsnt-bugs go back to the cvsnt list (just like the way
cvsnt-commits works now).  That helps keeps things central.  If anyone
knows how to get mantis to process the replies it'd be helpful.