[cvsnt] Transferring repository to/from Linux?

Drew F. Sousa drew at wracked.com
Mon Mar 8 16:47:18 GMT 2004

I moved off of FreeBSD to Win2k with absolutely no issues.  Since it was
15 gigs of data, the longest part of the process was moving the files.

I stopped all servers, copied the files over, and then did a compare to
make sure all the files were in place.  CVSNT picked up right after I
updated the appropriate files in CVSROOT.

The only issue we're still facing from the migration is that I used to
be able to see which user had the process open but now I just see
CVS.exe running.  It was nice to know who was logged in when I needed to
do maintenance and for security.

Getting CVSWeb and CVSMail were a bit of a challenge but they are up and
running.  The directions for both of them have been updated since I made
the switch so I think those two items are much easier now.

Drew