[cvsnt] Client connection failing to cvsnt on a HP-UX UNIX box using pserver

Haitham Hamad Hhamad at LeprinoFoods.com
Mon Mar 8 16:53:33 GMT 2004

I am new to cvs and cvsnt. I installed cvsnt on a HP-UX unix box but
failed to connect to it from either wincvs or tortoisecvs clients. I
build the repository and can checkout from the UNIX box with no
problems. In wincvs, when login using pserver, I get

cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from lep_000: cvs
[server aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN AUTH REQUEST

I am getting the same error from tortoisecvs. wincvs was working fine
when using cvs on the same box but I changed to cvsnt to be able to get
modules list by using the "cvs ls" command.

Please help!