[cvsnt] Error commiting/updating from anywhere but the server(localhost etc) workstation

Simon Matisons matsp003 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 02:57:37 GMT 2004

cvs [server aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on /test/fresh: 001 FAIL Lock
not within repository

I get the above error whenever I try to commit changes/update the selection
from a seperate PC to the server. Everything works fine on the server when
using the wincvs client locally however on a seperate pc I can login using
sspi and even checkout modules use reserved edit just not actually commit
any changes or run an update on selections.

Both PC's are running WINXP SP1 the server is running CVSNT 2.0.34 (second
time around I installed absolutely everything too) & the client being used
is WINCVS 1.3.13.2 Beta 13 (build 2). I have been through the various
install/setup giudes and followed the instructions to the letter.
(C:\cvsrepo\test is the repository and the module is \fresh etc). For
authentication I am using the sspi protocol as well but everything goes as
planned until an update/commit is done from anywhere but the server
workstation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks&Regards
Simon

Please note this has been posted on both the cvsgui at egroups.com &
I apologise if it will cause any duplication.