[cvsnt] CVS thinking CVS hidden directories are new

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Tue Mar 9 06:21:59 GMT 2004

Apparently this is a CVSNT bug according to Torsten of TortoiseCVS. I
have attached Torsten's final reply declaring it's a CVSNT bug.

Essentially when .cvsignore is set to an exclamation point in Tortoise I
get this sort of output when do an update on a fresh checkout. This also
happens running the cvs.exe client direct from the command line without
invoking TortoiseCVS at all. I'm using the 2.0.34 client which comes
with Tortoise 1.6.6.

In C:\Projects\CVS Checkout\1920-Mk6E+1680-Mk6: C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe update
CVSROOT=:sserver:christianh at lunar:2401/EDMI

cvs server: Updating .
? CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware
? Z00-Firmware/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/CKSUMSPL
? Z00-Firmware/CKSUMSPL/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/IEC870
? Z00-Firmware/IEC870/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/LIBS6
? Z00-Firmware/LIBS6/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/LIBS6E
? Z00-Firmware/LIBS6E/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/MapDecoder
? Z00-Firmware/MapDecoder/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z00-Firmware/S19TOBIN
? Z00-Firmware/S19TOBIN/CVS
cvs server: Updating Z01-Bootloader
? Z01-Bootloader/CVS

Success, CVS operation completed

Why is this happening? I expect the lines with the question marks to not
be there.

CH