[cvsnt] CVSNT errors

Yin Shi yshi012 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 17:16:07 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I downloaded the lasted version of CVSNT 2.0.34, and I setup to my computer, Windows2000.  When I tried to use cvs login and cvs passed command in cmd window, it threw me an error message :
"cvs [passwd aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication scheme (got ' ')"

"cvs [login aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an
authentication scheme (got ' ')"

If I typed "cvsservice -test" it will show:
"
CVS 2.0.34 (Mar  3 2004) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\cvstemp
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=000000a0 Family=2,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): Only one usage o
f each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.  (n
ot fatal)
Error: All socket binds failed.
"

When I connected it from WSAD5.0, it gave me an error: " Socket Exception:  Connection reset by peer: socket closed."

Anyone knows these kinds of errors?  Please help me, thanks all a lot!

Yin Shi
Cincinnati, OH 45202