[cvsnt] Re: Error commiting/updating from anywhere but the server(localhost etc) workstation

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 10 00:37:56 GMT 2004

Simon Matisons wrote:

> cvs [server aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on /test/fresh: 001 FAIL
> Lock not within repository
>
> I get the above error whenever I try to commit changes/update the
> selection from a seperate PC to the server. Everything works fine on the
> server when using the wincvs client locally however on a seperate pc I
> can login using sspi and even checkout modules use reserved edit just
> not actually commit any changes or run an update on selections.

Can you run the lockserver in test mode (net stop cvslock, cvslock -test) and
post what happens when one of the clients connect?  I'd expect something like:

(#0) New client tmh(spock.nodomain.org) root D:/repo
(#0) Lock request on D:/repo (Read Advisory Directory)
(#0) Destroying lock on D:/repo
No more clients
Lock Client #0 closed

It sounds like you have something in your cvsroot that's causing the paths not to match.