[cvsnt] script execution opens console window on server

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 10 22:39:37 GMT 2004

Hi,
I thought that Tony had fixed this earlier, but last week when I
visited my Texas site and was working on the console of the CVS server
I noticed the script windows opening up on the desktop every so often
when developers committed files.
Is there a setting somewhere to disable this behaviour?
I would rather that the command programs like CVSMailer were executed
in hidden fashion (windowless), after all they are not Windows
applications at all.
The server was updated at my visit to 2.0.26 level (on a new XP-Pro
workstation with 512M RAM and a *much* faster CPU than the old one.
It also runs Apache 2.0.48 for ViewCvs and the Roundup Issue tracking
system.
I need to acces it using remote desktop now and then and I don't want
to have these consoles popping up in my face all the time. At busy
hours there may be a call each minute....

Any solution?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)