[cvsnt] Re: Upgrade to 2.0.35 failed.

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 04:18:41 GMT 2004

kajaa wrote:

> Hi,all,
>
> Using 2.0.4 on Win2000 before, everything is OK.
> Upgraded OS to Win2003, CVSNT reports "Impersonation failed",
> searched your homepage, and decided to upgrade to cvsnt 2.0.35.

That could be because of the tighter permissions on Win2003.  Search the
archives on that for more info.

> Unfortunately,
> the new cvsnt service starts up so slow that I doubt something wrong,
> more than 1 min later, it reports started, :pserver login OK,
> but cvs get and other commands failed, reporting "permission error".
>
> Why did cvsnt 2.0.4 work fine on both win2k and win2k3, but the 2.0.35 not,
> and how to work around?

You said that 2.0.4 had a "impersonation failed" message on Win2003,
correct?

If CVSNT 2.0.35 is very slow on some operations then you might try
checking the "Don't resolve client names" on advanced in the control
panel.  Broken reverse DNS can cause timeouts when looking up the client
names, the downside is that lockserver won't be reporting the actual
client name.  If that is the problem then tell you network admin to fix
the reverse DNS for your IP zone.

Also check the permissions issues as previously noted.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett