[cvsnt] Sspi authentication problem

Craig Gaffney gaffney at rinstrum.com
Thu Mar 11 23:00:41 GMT 2004

G'Day everyone,
	I am having some problems with the sspi protocol.

	I have a Win2K machine (my workstation), that I am testing CVSNT
on. The filesysytem is NFTS, and there is more than enough space free on
the workstation.
	I setup a CVSUSers Group, and made my domain account a member. I
created the c:\cvsrepo (CVSUsers group & SYSTEM user all permissions) &
c:\cvstemp directories (SYSTEM user all permissions).
	I installed CVSNT, keeping all the defaults. I then created a
repository called test, and set the repository prefix to c:\cvsrepo.
Both the CVS Service and CVS Lock service were started.

	When I try the following command

	c:> cvs -d :sspi:jim.local.ranger.com:/test login<enter>
	CVS Password: <domain account password><enter>

	I get the following response

cvs [login aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree
on an authentication scheme (got '')

	Have I forgotten something during the setup? Is there some other
issue that I have overlooked?

	Many thanks to Tyler for his help so far, but this seems to be
beating us both.

Craig Gaffney
PC Applications Developer
Rinstrum Pty Ltd (formerly Ranger Instruments)
41 Success St, Acacia Ridge Qld 4110 Australia
Ph:     +61 7 3216 7166
Fax:    +61 7 3216 6211
Email:  gaffney at rinstrum.com
Web:    www.rinstrum.com