[cvsnt] Problem setting up a CvsNT server on WinXP.

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Mar 16 16:56:23 GMT 2004

Far fetched idea maybe, but how about using the forward slashes that
CVS is used to?
Like:
cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/Test version

This of course will work only if you have (replace D:\Somepath with what you have):
1) Set a RepositoryPrefix = D:\somepath
2) Created and initialized a repository folder D:\Somepath\Test
3) Added D:\Somepath\Test to the list of repositories served by this server
4) Resarted CVSNT service

Instead of always specifying the CVSROOT on the command line you can do:

set CVSROOT=:sspi:localhost:/Test
cvs version
cvs ls
etc...

What do you mean by "Installing CVSNT under a user account..."????
CVSNT is a system service and must run as SYSTEM, not in any normal
user account context.

/Bo