[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install caused error in MS SQLSERVER startup

Al Williams donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com
Tue Mar 16 23:31:11 GMT 2004

> It could be that your reverse DNS is having trouble/misconfigured.  Try
checking 'Don't
> resolve client names' in the cvsnt control panel and see if that helps
things.

OK - that helps.  Can I leave the server set that way (ie: what impact does
it have) or do I need to resolve the issue further?

I saw on the website the notes about reverse DNS but am unclear whether it
is talking about a misconfiguration on the client PC or the server.  We do
not run a DNS server on the NTserver and use MS Proxy 2.0.

--
Allan Williams

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:c381cn$6mu$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Al Williams wrote:
>

> > One other thing - how fast should I expect CVSNT to execute commands on
my
> > client machine (XP Pro) when talking to our server using sspi over our
LAN?