[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install caused error in MS SQLSERVER startup

Al Williams donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com
Tue Mar 16 23:59:17 GMT 2004

> Presumably there's a DNS server somewhere, unless you have everything in
hosts files...
> I'm not that familiar with proxy server 2.0 but I expect if it's doing DNS
it'll
> have a setting for reverse DNS somewhere.

AFAIK WINS is used for all our LAN-based networking lookups (NT 4.0
network).  We do not run a local DNS - the only DNS that is used is
configured on the Internet gateway to lookup internet addresses.  I'll have
to investigate further but I may leave reverse lookups off for now.

Thanks for the help - it's like I'm talking to one of the authors of the
program or something ;-)

--
Allan Williams

news:c3847g$a07$1 at paris.nodomain.org...