[cvsnt] delete from CVS

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Mar 17 15:47:40 GMT 2004

Nothing will happen, except these files will be gone for good.
This is why it is not a good idea to use this technique to delete files that have
been in use and received commits. These files should be removed using the cvs command
because then they will be retrievable later on if need be.

You should only ever do this when you have added stuff in the wrong place or added
files that should not be there in the first place. Correcting mistakes up front,
that is.

But if you know what you are doing you can fix a lot of stuff directly in the
repo. I have on numerous occations moved whole projects from one place to another
because of logic shifts in the way we handle projects. No problem as long as all
developers stay out while the move is done.
They have to redo checkouts afterwards but that is about all.

/Bo