[cvsnt] Can I use pserver on Linux and authenticate to Windows domain?

Tim Carlson tim.carlson at pnl.gov
Wed Mar 17 16:40:21 GMT 2004

I'm struggling a bit with how to make a Linux box running cvsnt server
authenticate users to our windows domain.

Here are the specifics.

CVSNT version 2.0.34
Linux Redhat AW 3.0
./configure --enable-gserver --enable-sspi

I enabled the gserver bit because I though I might be able to go this
route down the road (same with sspi).

Now I have the "standard" pserver bits up and running so I can
authenticate users against the CVSROOT/passwd file. I've set up cvs.org
versions of cvs before so this is pretty straight forward after learning
about the /etc/cvsnt/PServer file.

What I really want to do is have the users authenticate against the active
directory domain. I actually have this working well on the Linux machine
for regular logins by using the krb5 pam bits and pointing kerberos to our
AD domain. I've also joined the machine to the AD domain using Samba and
Samba is able to authenticate shares against AD without a problem.

Is there anyway I can tell the pserver to authenticate against AD instead
of the local password file?  Or do I need to use some different mechanism?

I read through the Linux Install WIKI http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux
but wasn't able to glean much more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim Carlson
Voice: (509) 376 3423