[cvsnt] Can I use pserver on Linux and authenticate to Windows domain?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 17 18:14:31 GMT 2004

Tim Carlson wrote:

> but still haven't managed to authenticate users to either the krb5 server
> (in my system-auth pam stack) or a local /etc/password entry.

Have you enabled PAM when you built CVS (you need the PAM development includes
etc.)?  Without PAM it's impossible to authenticate against anything except the /etc/passwd
file.

Everything else is down to PAM configuration, which varies from system to system
(you'll be better off on a PAM support list if it gets to this point).

> As inidcated in the docs, if I have a CVSROOT/passwd entry like this
>
> username:
>
> then any supplied password will authenticate the user. This is still with
> the SystemAuth=yes line in place.

You don't use a CVSROOT/passwd file at all if you want to use SystemAuth.