[cvsnt] CVSNT on Win XP Pro

Rami Randhawa rami_randhawa at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 17 20:44:28 GMT 2004

Hi i am trying to setup a CVSNT on XP Pro and i am having problems with the server.
>From a client (WinCVS) i get this error:

CVSROOT: rami at 142.232.87.21:/test (sspi authentication)
cvs checkout -P black (in directory C:\work)
cvs server: Updating black
cvs server: connect to 142.232.87.21(142.232.87.21):2402 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

"rami" is my username
"black" is the module im tryin to checkout
"test" is where CVSROOT is located

In our config file  in CVSROOT we uncommented the LockServer line and we still get the same message.

Can you tell what the problem is and if and how we can correct it so we can setup the server?

Rami Randhawa