[cvsnt] Re: WSAD 5.0.1 and CVSNT 2.0.35

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 22 22:03:37 GMT 2004

NELSON Jeff wrote:
 > Tony,
 >
 > Thanks for the quick response.
 >
 > We are using CVSNT version 2.0.9 without any problems with WSAD 5.0.1.
 > I was wondering if this type of problem could be a result of the merge
 > point integration.

No... mergpoints have existed since long before cvsnt 2.0.9.

WSAD is extremely fragile... tiny things can break it, since officially CVSNT
isn't supported by WSAD (IBM themselves told be they do not support such
installations, and I get no feedback from the Eclipse developers as they don't
support CVSNT either) then I'm left with no choice but to not support it.
I've done all I can - if CVSNT is pretending to be a Unix server and
repository prefixes are on, then it seems to work... later versions of WSAD
are hardcoded to reject CVSNT servers as soon as they see them, hence the fake
unix option.  That's only a stopgap though... eventually a version of WSAD
will come out that detects the faking and stops that too - at that point I'll
concede defeat & probably just stop answering questions about it.