[cvsnt] Latest updates

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Mon Mar 22 23:38:27 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Carl Brewer wrote:
>
>> rollcage2# more Root
>> anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
>> rollcage2# more Repository
>> /cvsroot/pkgsrc/mail
>>
> That looks OK to me...  The openbsd server seems to be quite
> busy but I can get a response from it.
>
> /pkgsrc/mail$ cat CVS/Root
> anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
>
> /pkgsrc/mail$ cat CVS/Repository
> pkgsrc/mail
>
> /pkgsrc/mail$ cvs update
> cvs update: Updating .
> cvs update: Updating GNUMail
> cvs update: Updating Pantomime
> cvs update: Updating YoSucker
>
> Perhaps it's something to do with the openbsd build of cvs?  Does
>
> $ cvs -d :ext:anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot version
>
> produce the correct results, and the same as
>
> $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot version

rollcage2# /usr/local/bin/cvs -d
:ext:anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot version

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.36 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.11 (client/server)
rollcage2#  /usr/local/bin/cvs -d  anoncvs at anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
version

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.36 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.11 (client/server)

Anything else I can provide?

I built cvsnt as such :

It was created by cvsnt configure 2.0.36, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

   $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##

hostname = rollcage2.bl.echidna.id.au
uname -m = i386
uname -r = 1.6.2
uname -s = NetBSD
uname -v = NetBSD 1.6.2 (rollcage) #0: Tue Mar 16 14:34:41 EST 2004
root at rollcage2.bl.echidna.id.au:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/rollcage

There is also the system cvs client on the box, but AFAIK the cvsnt
binary doesn't call anything external that could clash?

Carl