[cvsnt] Lock failure

Pat Galea wlist at dudegalea.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 11:01:22 GMT 2004

Hi!

We're having a problem with cvsnt.

On our server (running Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, 5.00.2195, SP 4),
we were running cvsnt version 2.0.11. We needed to do some merging, and
that version didn't work properly, so we upgraded the server to 2.0.34.

The merge worked properly with that version.

However, we were then unable to do cvs edits. The following error appeared:

In C:\Sandboxes\Implementation: C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q
-x edit -z Source/Website/FED/FED_xxxxx.asp
CVSROOT=:sspi:dewey:d:/cvs/ixxxxxx

cvs [server aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on
D:/cvs/ixxxxxx/Implementation/Source/Website/FED: 001 FAIL Lock not
within repository

Error, CVS operation failed

(The same error appeared when the cvs edit was issued from a command
prompt.)

I installed 2.0.34 on my local PC and set up a repository. cvs edits
worked fine with it.

A (possibly) relevant thread appeared here last month:

http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-February/010807.html

Tony said that the problem would be fixed in 2.0.29.

So we downgraded the server again to 2.0.27, and we were able to perform
cvs edits again.

Is there any more information available on what the problem was in
2.0.28? And can anyone confirm that whatever the problem was, it hasn't
reappeared in 2.0.34?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Pat Galea