[cvsnt] Re: cvs [login aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannotagree on an authentication scheme (got '')

Craig Moynes retinaburn at rogers.com
Wed Mar 24 20:46:08 GMT 2004

> Craig Moynes wrote:
> > Jurko,
> >         No I am not running NOD32.  I have looked at the suggestions
> that
> > other people have posted (thank you google) and it seems to not
> help.  It
> > seems that the only suggestion I have seen that works is to 'install
> it on
> > another machine'.
> > :/
>
> It'll be some kind of AV breaking things.

I do run  NAV Coporate Edition at work, and I really can't disable it.

> Running cvsdiag will show it up.

cvsdiag output:
C:\temp>cvsdiag
CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------

Server version: 2.0.36?
OS Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)

CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes

pserver installed: Yes
sserver installed: Yes
sspi installed: Yes
ext installed: Yes

Installation Path: C:\Program Files\cvsnt
Repository Prefix: C:/src
Repository 0: c:/src/test
Repository 1: (no value)
Repository 2: (no value)
Repository 3: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp
CA Certificate File: C:\Program Files\cvsnt\cvsnt-default.pem
Private Key File: C:\Program Files\cvsnt\cvsnt-default.pem
CVS Temp directory: C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp
Impersonation: Yes
Local Users Only: Yes
Fake Unix CVS: No
Default LockServer: localhost:2403
Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server listen port: 2401

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes
Temp dir writable by current user: Yes

AV files detected:
(none)

Installed Winsock protocols:

1078: Aventail AutoSocks LSP Over  MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1079: Aventail AutoSocks LSP Over  MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1001: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1002: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1004: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1005: RSVP TCP Service Provider
1034: MSAFD Irda [IrDA]

> Running winsockxpfix should remove the breakage... although some software
> tries to put ut back again.

Wow, I hope it didn't break anything that Corp. Security will hate but
it does work now :)

Links for googlers to grab these tools:
http://www.cvsnt.org/cvsdiag.exe
http://tntmax.com/Download/Software/WinsockXPFix.exe/view