[cvsnt] Re: CRLF problem in CVS/Root file

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 26 15:25:15 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Could he use cvsnt for both win32 and cywin environments?  I would think
> CVSNT could be compiled under cygwin, right?

No, the problem is that Cygwin changes the EOL character on the fly for textmode
mountpoints.  This just came up on the Subversion list for similar reasons.  My
suggested fix was to force binmode for Cygwin file access.  Something like this
should do it:

	alias cvs="CYGWIN='$CYGWIN binmode' cvs"

but I don't know if will fix the problem with CVS (the OP never replied whether
it fixed SVN either).

HTH

John