[cvsnt] Locking in CVS

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 26 22:10:07 GMT 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:08:25 -0600, Israel Carlock Ureña
<tawa_carlock at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have installed cvs server 2.0.36 and wincvs 1.3. as client, but I have
>some problemas with the performance, it turned out that the
>import/update/check out operation are too slow, I think it's the version
>that is up to date, but not stable... I have checked the network thoroughput
>by ping and t seems to be ok <10ms...
>The server is a windows nt 2000 professional server... I dont know what's
>going on...
>

>Pleas, if anybody have the faintest idea of what to do, tell me..

Please qualify what you consider as too slow...
- protocol used (sspi, pserver, ssh etc)
- cvs operation used
- number of files affected
- types of files (text, binary)
- LAN topology (routers between client-server, DNS performance etc)
- the actual measured times you are dissatisfied with

It is very hard advicing on such a general "question" as yours...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)