[cvsnt] authorization failed while using local users option

Michael Isaacs CVSnews at isaacsonline.org
Tue Mar 30 22:34:50 BST 2004

I have installed CVS and it seems to be working properly.  However, when
using pserver to login, with the "Use local users for pserver authentication
instead of domain users" checked and Impersonation Enabled, I get the
following:

cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server MyServername rejected
access to /CVSTest for user goober

If I add goober to the administrator group on the CVS machine, then it
connects fine.  Is there some sort of policy or permission that I need to
set in order for the user to have access to login to CVS?

We do have another machine with Win XP Home with CVSNT installed, where we
do not have to worry about a passwd file (it doesn't exist anywhere) and can
just add a user to the local computer with associated password and login
remotely using pserver.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,