[cvsnt] CVSMailer link to ViewCVS leading slash on cvsroot?

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Tue Mar 30 12:14:47 BST 2004

Hi all,

I am setting up CVSMailer (CVSMailerSetup-1.4.1.25.exe) with ViewCVS on
Apache (ViewCvs4CVSNT-1.0.r5h.exe) with
CVSNT (cvsnt-2.0.35.exe)

After screwing up the checkoutlist I have got it mailing.  Yay!

But I have a problem with the links to ViewCVS in the email.  There is a
leading '/' on the cvsroot which ViewCVS Barfs at.

here are the copies of the links given by CVSMailer in the email
http://Blah/ViewCvs/viewcvs.cgi/sand/?cvsroot=/MuckAround
http://Blah/ViewCVS/viewcvs.cgi/sand/1stdostextfile.txt?rev=1.13&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&cvsroot=/MuckAround
http://Blah/ViewCVS/viewcvs.cgi/sand/1stdostextfile.txt.diff?r1=1.12&r2=1.13&cvsroot=/MuckAround

Note the leading slash on the cvsroot parameter.  Removing this fixes
the problem.

Here is the relevant section of my CVSMailer ini file
;This section is used to define links to add to the emails
;modify these to fit:
; - replace the Urls with correct ones (at least change the computer name)
; - Select ViewCvs / CvsWeb by commenting/uncommenting the lines below
;This is ViewCvs Diff:
BaseDiffUrl =http://Blah/ViewCvs/viewcvs.cgi/
DiffCmd=<module>/<file>.diff?r1=<rev1>&r2=<rev2>&cvsroot=<root>
;This is ViewCvs file markup view:
BaseFileUrl =http://Blah/ViewCvs/viewcvs.cgi/
FileCmd
ModuleCmd =<module>/?cvsroot=<root>