[cvsnt] CVS migration problem

Vinay.S vinay at innoviti.com
Tue May 4 10:50:37 BST 2004

Hi

We used to run CVS ove cygwin on a windows 2000 server.We now moved our
repository to a Linux server.
and on the Client side, we are using wincvs(1.3).

Our setup is as follows
1.) We have stored the repository in /usr/repository/
2.) Wincvs on the client side,Linux cvs on the server side
3.) SSH communicatiooon protocol between Server and client.

Our problem
1.) We can check out modules,but when the files which were checked in
earlier as binary files, are
    checked out, we are not able to open the file after checkout.
2.) on the Linux server, i can co the file and open it with openoffice
without problem.But on the windows client side,
    word or powerpoint says cannot open the file, please check permissions.

Any help will be really appreciated.

With warm regards,
Vinay.S
System Engineer